Monday 25 June 2012

Euro2012 football is on - Time for a beer

One of the biggest events in world football is currently going on over in Europe, as the countries of Poland and the Ukraine host the Euro2012 football championships. Hundreds of thousands of fans will take the trip to these nations to witness a glut of the world's finest players compete arguably the biggest international football trophy, after the FIFA world cup. Millions more fans like myself will tune in from the comfort of their living rooms at home, and if there is one thing that the average football fan likes, it's a nice cold beer.

I am not normally one to drink at home, but this is an excuse to relax and watch the game with a selection of beers with my football fanatic friends. One thing did cross my mind a little bit though, and that was just how much 3 weeks of casual beer drinking was going effect my daily calorie intake. So naturally I had a quick check on the number of calories in beer, updating my website as I went along, as this is obviously something that many calorie counters out there will be interested in.

I normally sit down with a Budweiser and in a bottle of their regular beer I was consuming 145 calories, which is fine, but then 6 or so of these soon adds up and does no good at all when you are watching your calories. Six of these regular Bud's have 870 calories in, that's quite a lot!

So looking at the figures I decided to see what the difference is in the calories found in regular beer and light beer, as you always see a box of Bud Light or Coors Light in the supermarket when you are purchasing your favored drink.

In the same sized bottle of Bud Light there were just 110 calories, so when you are putting away a six pack you are saving yourself on 210 calories, which is approximately a quarter of those from the regular Budweiser beer.

It just goes to show that making the odd simple change to your diet, can have a significant effect on the calories that you are consuming. If you sit and watch any sport once or twice a week at home and enjoy a nice cold beer at the same time, then just think about the number of beer calories you could be cutting out in the long run.

With the Euro2012 tournament drawing to a close and my beloved England, failing to make it very far once again, I will not be sat watching too many more games. However, with Wimbledon and the Olympics blitzing the television schedule for the next month or so I am sure that I will be sat with a beer in my hand a fair few more times before the summer is over, a light beer I might add!

If you would like to find out more examples of the calories found in popular beers such as Bud Light and Coors Light, please check out the link to my calories website below.


http://www.calories-in-foods.com/calories-in-beer.php



No comments:

Post a Comment